Sierra Leonean Musician Releases Debut Album

By Abdul R. Bedor Kamara

Sampha Sisay a British/Sierra Leonean musician who sang alongside Kanye West, Beyoncé, Drake, Solange, and Frank Ocean has launched his debut album titled; ‘Process’.

Sampha is the junior brother of John Bonoh Sisay, retired former CEO Sierra Rutile Limited and one of All Peoples Congress party intending flagbearer front runners.

Sampha has made his name as the sharpest
songwriter in the music industry in Europe and US over the years, and a touching tribute song to his late mother, Binty Sisay, who hailed from Kamagbewu in Tonko Limba Chiefdom, Kambia District.

In the song titled: “No One Knows Me – Like the Piano” he captured grief over losing his mother using the piano as a vessel to communicate the pain he feels.

According to the New York Times, Sampha cared for his late mum during her illness and after he was called home from studio in 2014 to the London suburb of Morden to care for his ailing mother who had cancer.

“The only time I will go and make music was when she was in the hospital for the day. As a caregiver, you can become a little bit dumb because you have to be very functional,” Sampha stated in his song.

He is the mastermind behind the sounds and lyrics of some of pop’s most well-known hits, including Beyoncé ‘Mine’, Kanye West’s ‘Saint Pablo’ Solange’s ‘Don’t Touch My Hair’ and Drake’s ‘Too Much’.

The 28-year-old who has a Sierra Leonean heritage in Kambia and Bombali Districts has carved a comfortable niche for himself among the musical elite.

“So it’s peculiar, then, given his ability to touch souls with his voice, which Sampha long shied away from singing. As a child, he was known at home mainly as a dancer, doing Michael Jackson moves at the urging of his four much older brothers. When a career in music dawned on him, he thought of becoming a producer like Pharrell or Timbaland,” New York Times reported.

He disclosed that when he started, he was just making lots of beats, and wasn’t even intending to sing over them, which he described in a low murmur, trailing off more often than he finished sentences.

Adding, “I didn’t even have a microphone at home, I would have to go to someone else’s house to record.”

Sampha’s elder brother, John Bonoh Sisay, who intends contest for leadership in the All People’s Congress party and subsequently for the Presidency of Sierra Leone in 2018 said: “these are the moments that life makes complete sense. I am inspired by his devotion and simplicity. I am so very proud of him.”

The London-based singer has built an undeniable success writing music, but is now ready to go solo and after months of promotional tour has decided to release his long-awaited debut album: ‘Process,’ which contains 10 tracks with his previous singles “Timmy Prayer,” “Blood On Me,” and “No One Knows Me.”

However, Sierra Leoneans should not expect the usual Nigerian club beats but as described by New York Times, a voice “with the ability to touch souls.”

67 thoughts on “Sierra Leonean Musician Releases Debut Album

• October 1, 2017 at 8:08 pm

606408 383534Id should talk with you here. Which is not some thing I do! I spend time reading an write-up that could get folks to feel. Also, appreciate your allowing me to comment! 240949

• October 3, 2017 at 1:11 pm

930267 212468Does your blog have a contact page? Im having a tough time locating it but, Id like to send you an e-mail. Ive got some suggestions for your blog you may be interested in hearing. Either way, fantastic website and I appear forward to seeing it expand over time. 454569

• October 3, 2017 at 3:18 pm

307941 882454A domain name is an identification label which defines a realm of administrative autonomy, authority, or control inside the Internet. Domain names are also critica for domain hostingwebsite hosting 427526

• October 7, 2017 at 12:01 am

I actually wanted to write down a comment to be able to express gratitude to you for all of the precious tips and hints you are posting at this website. My considerable internet investigation has at the end been paid with excellent knowledge to share with my partners. I would declare that we site visitors actually are truly fortunate to dwell in a notable place with many awesome professionals with valuable tips. I feel pretty privileged to have encountered your entire webpage and look forward to many more excellent minutes reading here. Thank you once more for all the details.

• October 9, 2017 at 8:45 am

Hi, just wanted to share with you that we had a great holiday at Marina de Bolnuevo in June of this year. We flew into San Javier and hired a car from the airport for the short drive to Bolnuevo. The beaches are fantastic, most of them awarded the Blue Flag. The cafes were great, with paella on the beach a delight and managed a day on the nudist beach there. Very liberating. We also visited the Big Guns, The Roman Mines and the Sand sculptures. Will be returning there again in 2018. Thanks for reading Tony.

• October 9, 2017 at 11:59 am

Greetings, just wanted to let you know that we had a great holiday at Marina de Bolnuevo in September of this year. We flew into San Javier and hired a car from the airport for the short drive to Bolnuevo. The beaches are sublime, most of them awarded the Blue Flag. The bars were great, with paella on the beach a delight and managed a trip to the nudist beach there. Very liberating. We also visited the Big Guns, The Roman Mines and the Sand sculptures. Will be returning there again next year. Thanks for reading Alicia.

• October 16, 2017 at 7:12 am

Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

• October 16, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Hello, just wanted to let you know that we had a great time at Marina de Bolnuevo in September of this year (http://www.marinadebolnuevo.co.uk/about-bolnuevo). We flew into Alicante and hired a car from the airport for the short drive to Bolnuevo. The beaches are superb, most of them awarded the Blue Flag. The bars were great, with paella on the beach a highlight and managed a trip to the nudist beach there. Very liberating. We also visited the Big Guns, The Roman Mines and the Sand sculptures. Will be returning there again in 2018. Look forward to seeing you at Marina de Bolnuevo in the next few months. Thanks for reading Nikki.