SCADeP $55M PROJECT TARGETS 50,000 BENEFICIARIES

The Smallholder and Commercialization and Agribusiness Development (SCADeP) 55-Million-Dollar project is said to be targeting 50,000 beneficiaries shortly after the project may have been accomplished.

The project which targets 40% of women beneficiaries has seen supervisors holding one-day orientation workshop May 15th at the Hill Valley Hotel Freetown to admonish the public on developments.

Sulaiman Sesay, Project Coordinator SCADep, while giving an overview of the project said “it is a 5-year venture and has received 40 million Dollars funding from the World Bank and 15 million Dollars from UKaid.”

“Same,” he continued, “was was launched in January this year.”

Sesay explained that the objective of the project will be to promote Smallholder Commercialization farming in a way fostering productive business linkages between the smallholder farmers and selected agribusiness firms and other commodity off takers in Sierra Leone.

He added nonetheless that the project exists to improve agricultural productivity and access to markets, and that the project’s valued chain will focus on rice, cocoa, palm oil and poultry.

That it will also fund and facilitate the rehabilitation of 500 kilometers of feeder roads in selected areas with high potential in agricultural production, processing and marketing.

“The project is expecting a targeted productivity increase of 69% for rice, 46% for cocoa, 37 for palm oil and 100% for poultry,” he asserted.

Abraham Karl Samura, Media Coordinator SCADeP said the project is a loan from World Bank and UKaid but emphasized government will be paying the loans with interest.

Samura called for support of the media, as according to him, their role is highly needed in accomplishing the objects of the project.
“We expect to see the media give visibility reportage on activities of the project, reporting accurately,” Samura said.

“The press should seek the success stories of the project and disseminate them.”

He further also admonished them cross check information for clarity and that they should help the project implementers to get feedback from the beneficiaries.

“Be our early warning system by letting us know issues that need our attention,” he averred.

12 thoughts on “SCADeP $55M PROJECT TARGETS 50,000 BENEFICIARIES

• May 24, 2017 at 10:22 am

Africa and it’s Corrupt, Incompetent, Brainless, Appalling and Foolishly Suicidal Leadership!<?.

More wealth leaves Africa every year than enters it – by more than $40bn (£31bn) – according to research that challenges “misleading” perceptions of foreign aid and profound and gross whole sale Corruptions by it's own Leadership, like in the case of SIERRA LEONE LEADERSHIP.

Analysis by a coalition of UK and African equality and development campaigners including Global Justice Now, published on Wednesday, claims the rest of the world is profiting more than most African/Sierra Leone citizens from the continent’s/country's wealth.

It said African countries received $162bn in 2015, mainly in loans, aid and personal remittances. But in the same year, $203bn was taken from the continent, either directly through multinationals repatriating profits and illegally moving money into tax havens, or by costs imposed by the rest of the world through climate change adaptation and mitigation or though MASSIVE CORRUPTION BY SIERRA LEONE POLITICAL LEADERSHIPS.

This led to an annual financial deficit of $41.3bn from the 47 African countries where many people remain trapped in perpetual poverty by their own Leadership and Government, according to the report, Honest Accounts 2017. Sierra Leone is a typical archetypal case in optic.

The campaigners said illicit financial flows, defined as the illegal movement of cash between countries, account for $68bn a year, three times as much as the $19bn Africa receives in aid. Sierra Leone a point of case here.

Tim Jones, an economist from the Jubilee Debt Campaign, said: “The key message we want to get across is that more money flows out of Africa than goes in, and if we are to address poverty and income inequality we have to help to get it back from their own insensitive LEADERS who Bank all the wealth in foreign lands and banks and build castles on sand.”

The key factors contributing to this inequality include unjust debt payments and multinational companies hiding proceeds through tax avoidance, corruption and a massive grossly misuse of their citizens and country's natural wealth by their own Leadership, he said. The Leadership in SIERRA LEONE is a good case in optic.

African governments received $32bn in loans in 2015, but paid more than half of that – $18bn – in debt interest, with the level of debt rising rapidly.

The prevailing narrative, where rich country governments say their foreign aid is
    helping Africa, is “a distraction and misleading”, the campaigners said.

• May 15, 2018 at 12:30 pm

I am impressed. On a scale going from 1 to 10, You are a 11! I have been surfing on-line for more than 5 hours today. I must say, I really love what you’ve done here. I am really on the same side as you.

• June 18, 2018 at 1:48 am

A big thanks for your article. I can tell this is probably a simple issue for you. I really do like the points you have made here but I really doubt many can be used in the real world. I am really really impressed!

• June 22, 2018 at 2:18 am

Might you write up more content about this subject? I am super on the same side as you. How long have you been working on this topic? There is something about this website that is rather alluring and I’d like to discover just what it could be. I talked about these very points to my professor last week and they could not offer a rebuttal.

• July 14, 2018 at 3:08 am

This writing style reminds me of my neighbor back in Oklahoma. This really resolved my problem. I’m really intrigued about how this might change things in the long term but it’s probably impossible to see them with all the current changes we see happening. Your content is great!

• July 15, 2018 at 2:54 am

Your writing is so epic that my eyeballs exploded while reading it. My world has been changed forever after reading this. I bet you would like Kansas. I first discovered this site last week and I found it was very interesting so I am glad you are covering it. I understand that a lot of people see your articles but I often wonder how many people really understand the implications of what is really being said. You look at this topic from way more than one view point.

• July 19, 2018 at 11:38 am

Your blog has a kind of feeling surrounding it. Do you have any evidence of that? Extremely useful post. I really liked your blogs.

• April 26, 2018 at 10:27 pm

This might be a weird thing to to say but, I like your pages. Really looking forward to reading more. Fantastic blogs! I will bookmark this blog.

• June 15, 2018 at 6:30 am

You really should write a lot more new articles because I am sure many people use your site to find the latest insider insights for this field. I definitely appreciate your work! Any more recommendations you could share with me? I like all of the points you have made here.

• July 9, 2018 at 1:44 pm

Using this information has seriously increased my street credit. I just shared thisblog on my Tumblr. Sure is a good amount of information to think about. I don’t fully understand what you’re trying to say.

• July 10, 2018 at 4:39 pm

This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to create a blog. I am naming my daughter after you. You are so beyond epic! I am really hoping you write more very as soon as possible! There’s something about your artice that is rather addictive and I’d like to discover exactly what it could be. You are really marvelous!

• July 20, 2018 at 1:37 pm

I seriously love your writing style and how well you express your thoughts. Neat page. I really liked your write up. How would someone more effectively communicate this idea to someone with the opposing point of view?