Company: National Port Development Ltd (NPD)
Job Title: HR Manager
Job Duration: Permanent
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Reports to: Managing Director
We are looking for a seasoned Human Resources Manager with extensive experience in a similar
role, who possesses a deep understanding of Human Resource management policies, Sierra
Leonean statutory legislation and regulations as well as applicable Labour Collective agreements.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a comprehensive compensation and benefits structure
• Developing and implementing learning and development / training programs for all staff
• Managing employee relations
• Developing implementing an effective and well structured Recruitment and selection process
• Executing search and selection for new and replacement vacancies
• Developing, analysing and updating the company’s evaluation program
• Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
• Maintaining affirmative action programs
• Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counselling
• Overseeing exit interviews
• Maintaining department records and reports
• Participating in administrative staff meetings
• Maintaining company directory and other organisational chart.
Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Degree in a related field is strongly desired
• CIPD qualification would be advantageous.
• Experience of managing a HR function or team and coaching others.
• A good understanding of HR system processes and the use of HR reporting tools.
• Competence in ICT and the ability to accurately enter and manipulate data
• Resolving internal/external organisational demands within a timely manor whilst maintaining
Corporate vision image and integrity.
• Attention to detail and time management skills
• Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
What We Offer
• Competitive package covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and benefits reflective of
the candidate’s experience and skills.
• Being part of Sierra Leone’s biggest and most exciting infrastructure development project.
• Continuous coaching, training and career development.
To apply, please send your application (a mandatory cover letter and an updated CV) to the
following address; indicating the position title on the envelop or Email subject line)
The Recruiting team – NPD
19 Liverpool Street
Email – email@example.com