ACC ENGAGES JOURNALISTS ON ‘PAY NO BRIBE CAMPAIGN’

By Mariama B. Bah

The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has briefed Journalists on the pay no bribe campaign.

The briefing took place on Friday 23rd September 2016 at the ACC Office in Freetown.

Deputy Director of Outreach and Public Affairs Patrick Sandi said the reason they engaged journalists was to introduce the “pay no bribe campaign.”

He explained that the main aim of the briefing is to solicit the support of the media for them to fully implement the campaign by educating the public to report corruption related issues to the Commission.

He disclosed that ACC will today Monday 26th September 2016 launched their platform.

He said the campaign is for journalists to familiarize themselves inter alia with the platform on “pay no bribe”.

He pointed out that a lot of work has been done, on pay no bribe campaign and the entire project.

“So we believed that it is very important to enlighten the media through the platform and in order for journalists to disseminate the information to the public.”

He mentioned the pay no bribe campaign is a project supported by the United Kingdom and the government through the Department Fund for International Development (DFID) while the Anti-Corruption Commission will provide leadership.

He added that it is project that seeks to address the issue of bribery and corruption in key service delivery institutions.
Sandi said it’s a pilot that will be implemented in four districts-Western area, Bombali, Kenema and Bo.

“It is about unanimous reporting through the platform so that the people will be able to stop corruption in targeted pilot Ministries Departments and Agencies which includes the Police, EDSA, Ministry of Education and Water sector” Sandi said.

Furthered that “trend analysis will be done on the levels of corruption in these sectors.”

He said that what they want to achieve at the end is to reduce bribery and improve service delivery.

He said they are appealing to the public to behave responsibly by making sure that they report whatever bribery they encounters, so that they can build a better nation.

Koloneh Sankoh Director of pay no bribe campaign said the campaign is one of the strategic ways to stop bribery and corruption in the country.

She said few years back Sierra Leone was said to be the highest in the area of bribery and that is the reason they are calling on the media to take keen interest in the pay no bribe as a way of preventing corruption.

109 thoughts on “ACC ENGAGES JOURNALISTS ON ‘PAY NO BRIBE CAMPAIGN’

• January 20, 2018 at 6:54 am

Thank you for another magnificent post. Where else could anyone get that kind of info in such an ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

• January 20, 2018 at 5:34 pm

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Appreciate it!

• January 24, 2018 at 2:27 am

This is the most creative and fabulous post to share so a lot of photo ideas! I?¡¥m usually feeling stumped this time of year trying to think of something unique for our family Christmas cards?-this helps alleviate a great deal on the stress?-thank you! ??

• January 25, 2018 at 11:21 pm

I’m not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful information I was looking for this information for my mission.

• January 26, 2018 at 9:56 am

Aw, this was a very nice post. In concept I want to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and precise effort to make a very good article… however what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means appear to get one thing done.

• January 26, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Someone essentially assist to make critically posts I’d state. That is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual publish extraordinary. Wonderful task!

• February 3, 2018 at 5:24 am

you are really a great webmaster. Your website loading speed is incredible. It seems that you are doing any sort of one of a kind trick. Moreover, The details are masterpiece. you have done an outstanding job for this subject!

• February 11, 2018 at 8:04 am

Thanks for your information on this blog. 1 thing I would want to say is the fact purchasing electronic devices items from the Internet is not something new. In fact, in the past several years alone, the market for online gadgets has grown noticeably. Today, you can get practically virtually any electronic gadget and product on the Internet, from cameras in addition to camcorders to computer components and video games consoles.